February 6, 2010

Getting Organized

I am very lucky to have my own sewing/craft room in our two room apartment.(Matt gets his man closet on one side of the room for his biking stuff & I get the rest!!) But there never seems to be enough room so I am constantly looking for ways to be more organized and space saving. I have a big table that I love where I do most of my fabric cutting, but I always felt I had a lot of wasted space. I usually have projects where I need to keep track of many different sizes and lots of pieces. I found these tubs at Target for a steal and made labels for all the sizes I would need and put them under the table. I pin all the pieces together for one item and keep them in the coordinating size bins until I can get a tag sewn in. I also found out that the bins and drawers in the home office section of stores can be expensive, so I looked down the kitchen isle and found these tubs that are used for washing dishes for 1/2 the price! They work just as good and they stack when I'm not using them. I know this isn't rocket science but it feels good to come up with something that works so well for me!

3 comments:

  1. I don't think that there is a better feeling then one of being organized. I will tell you when I get there! J/K. It lookin' great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the posts, and I have many ideas that we need to get together so you can start sewing for me! Also I added an ad for you on my blog so hopefully that will help having a picture link!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet! Thanks friend!!! I would love to sew for you! Just let me know.

    ReplyDelete