February 16, 2010

SUCCESS!!!


I just finished sewing this top together. The black one is the one I made and the white one is the one I made the pattern from. It's not finished obviously, but I couldn't wait to post this. I have been very scared to sew this together! Every stage so far I have had some sort of hiccup, all of which I have learned tremendously from, but frustrating non the less. I have been doing every other project possible before this, but it was finally time to get busy. At first glance this looks like a simple project. When I took a closer look, I realized how different each piece is and how many sizes I had to make. I obviously got it backwards... but I was able to make it smaller and keep each pattern piece fitting together like it should! (Grading patterns is a skill I am still perfecting). I had to share my excitement with you and now I feel I can do any project headed my way.

2 comments: