March 14, 2011

Spring time, Spring time, All around

I love spring! I always feel more rejuvenated and happy as winter slowly melts away. I love the tulips and daffodils that shoot out of the ground. I love the fact that it can snow in the morning and be melted and sunny by late afternoon. And believe it or not I also love spring cleaning. But, being a girl I especially love all the new spring dresses! I have always loved getting a new Easter dress as a little girl, and when I got older, getting a new dress for Sweethearts, Prom, & Spring fling. My mom always made my dresses, and we had fun designing the patterns and finding the perfect fabric. It totally stressed my mom out, but I contribute most of my love of design and sewing to those experiences. When I was in fashion design school I made my own wedding dress and I felt so proud of what I had accomplished. I always felt proud to wear those dresses and I still have a hard time parting with them because they made me feel so good when I wore them.

Over the years I have helped out other young girls feels the same way as they attend dances, weddings, graduation ceremonies and other important events. They have learned that you don't have to design and make a dress from scratch to get the look you want and to feel great, you just need a good seamstress and friend. Altering or redesigning something is the best and most cost effective way to create your own look. This dress was way too short. I unpicked the hem and it still wasn't long enough. The top of the dress has fabric flowers out of different types of purple fabric. We were able to find a corresponding fabric to add as a trim and make it just a few inches longer.



This girl wanted a fun new dress to wear to a wedding, so I custom made this dress from a commercial pattern. Now she has a dress that fits her perfectly and she looks great!

This dress was for a graduation party. It started out with just tiny straps. were able to find matching fabric to make thicker straps and a cap sleeve. It made a huge difference in the overall look of the dress.

So what if you find a dress but maybe you hate the straps. What if its too short or too long? Maybe you just wanted a certain color to brighten up your wardrobe. For all of these reasons and many more, I am here for you. Let your imagination go wild, or let me help you get started.



No comments:

Post a Comment